“AN UNCANNY EVENING”
Weds, October 28, 2015, 7:30 pm, Mark O. Hatfield Library, Willamette University:
Just in time for Halloween: join me for An Uncanny Evening –a night of live music and performances from The Uncanny Reader: Stories from the Shadows, my recent anthology of literary short fiction hovering around the idea of the unsettling and possibly supernatural. Featuring the original music of Ash Black Bufflo, performed live. Free and open to the public.
Check out Marjorie’s uncanny forays online, as part of the launch of her anthology, The Uncanny Reader: Stories from the Shadows (St. Martins Press, February 24, 2015).
- August 23, 2015: Check out The Uncanny Listener: Part I, a podcast based on the book, produced by Emma Jacobs and Sally Decker, on the Asymptote website. Original music by Ash Black Bufflo with solo-violin by Kate O’Brien-Clarke.
- An article in the Corvallis Gazette-Times “E” by Mike McInally
- An essay and an interview about the uncanny at http://weirdfictionreview.com/
- A guest blog post on unsettling fictions at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marjorie-sandor/unsettled-lives-unsettling_b_6744848.html
- Consider the possible links between the uncanny and science fiction at http://sfsignal.jvcsen.com/archives/2015/02/guest-post-marjorie-sandor-editor-of-the-uncanny-reader-explores-the-border-between-sf-and-the-uncanny/
- Read a review of The Late Interiors in the New York Times Sunday Book Review.
- Watch a clip from Certain Green, a film based on Marjorie’s short story, “Rhapsody in Green.”
- Marjorie’s interview with Sarabande Books.
- Read Marjorie’s short essay, “Piano for Four Hands,” on composer Donna Linton’s website.